Thursday, December 9, 2010

Lavelinge


So with no T.V. here we have been keeping occupied in other manners. The most recent of which was watching our new washing machine get down to work. Much preparation went into determining how many kilos of clothes we could actually add since we don’t have a proper scale. After comparing the weight of the clothes to a bag of various kitchen liquids and foodstuffs adding up to approximately to 7kg, we settled down to watch our new form of entertainment. Yes, with a glass of wine in hand, Keith carefully watched and evaluated how much water was being added to the clothes.



Perhaps equally exciting is having a dish washer! Instead of spending at least thirty to forty minutes every day slogging over all of our dishes, I have been liberated to only a selected few special dishes. The actual true bonus of the dishwasher is that it hides the dirty dishes until they are done. There is no pile on the counter taunting me at my lack of organization and productivity in getting all my chores done. That’s right dishes you are relegated to a dark closed in space under the counter. Ha!



For efficiency and entertainment we seem to have everything we need right in our kitchen.

4 comments:

  1. Hello you two,
    I am at work chuckling my way through your lovely description and activities - drinking wine no less.
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your new profile pic on the top right says it all - "cold, bored, drinking, and enjoying your new couch together!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keith I can't believe you STILL have those umbro shorts. I can't wait to properly make fun of you in 6 days time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too funny! What is really funny is that your dad would have done exactly the same thing Keith...it's all about experienting.
    Elise...maybe they're NEW Umbro shorts...they didn't stop making them when Keith was 15.
    Talk to you this weekend when all 4 of you are in the same room!
    Keep drinking the wine - it seems to make everything just that bit better and more interetsting.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the message. I love hearing from you and I hope that you are enjoying the blog!